Draft regulation for drones in Germany
The federal ministry of transport and digital infrastructure (Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur) presented a draft regulation for drones.
According to the federal minister Dobrindt, the new drone regulation should be more clear and at the same the to significantly increase security in the airspace.
Here are the main provisions of the draft:
- All aircraft over 250g. must be registered
- No permission required for UAS under 5kg
- Pilot certificate required only for UAS over 5kg; pilot must be at least 14 years old
- Operating the UAS under 100m
- Flying over residential areas for UAS over 250g only with the homeowner approval
- Flights with the help of FPV goggles possible for UAS under 250g or second person having the UAS in line of sight
Compared to the current legislation in Germany there have been major improvements. Hopefully the new drone rules will boost innovation in the drone world as well as help for better air safety. You can find the original statement here in German.